Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Prompt #3

January 22, 2018
Dear Beli,
What was your attitude towards everything going on in your country with the dictator and people around you? Based on what I read on footnotes on pg. 83, I believe you would have said that you didn't care for what others said and believed in yourself and in your own rights. The footnotes talks about the Marital Sisters "from Saucedo who resisted Trujillo, and were murdered for it... don't take shit from nobody, even a Trujillo." These sisters were inspiration for people to stand together in solidarity against the dictator. After the death of the sisters, people knew enough was enough. 

How did you get through all the violence and Trujillo physically and emotionally? Based on the footnotes I read on pg. 155, I believe you would have said that you were scared but felt like someone was there by your side in spirit watching over you. There are horrifying situations where there were 'peleas' like when Trujillo was "shot at twenty-seven times and a suffering from four hundred hit points of damage." You were always worried about your safety, especially that you were pregnant. I would have been scared too if I grew up with you too.

Sincerely,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment