Tuesday, February 20, 2018

essay 1 reflection

1. I think this book was really interesting and I enjoyed reading it. Once I started reading a page it was kinda hard to stop reading because you want to know more. I think the narration was a bit confusing at times because you didn't know who was talking at first but then realize it later. I think the most challenging thing about reading the book over the 6 weeks was catching up on the reading because I had to read so many pages all at once and if I didn't finish it kept adding on to the pages I needed to read. It's not that I didn't want to read but work got in the way. I think the most rewarding thing about it is that I finally understand each character and the different events that went on throughout the book.

2. I think this book is an example of good literature because it shows the narrator as not just a "regular boring person" reading the story, the narrator uses speech just like how teenagers our age speak. I thought that was very unique and related to the readers.

3. I feel like I did an ok job on my essay 1. I didn't understand it at first and once I figured out my theme and found cultural references to connect with my theme, I put the pieces together. I guess the most challenging part of the essay is figuring out why a superhero Oscar mentioned in the book was so important, or why that superhero related to the other characters. What was rewarding about it is that I talked about the power of feminine sexuality and I REALLY enjoyed writing about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment